Sunday 20 June 2010

Final Preparations

10 days to go.

I've been searching around for things to take: posters to decorate my classroom, chalk for the blackboard, storybooks for the lessons. But most importantly, an England football shirt - I was banking on England still being in the competition when I get there, but the way they're going I can't be so sure! Either way, I'm looking forward to a few lunchtime kick-abouts, even if I do get horrendously shown up for my complete lack of coordination.

I'm arranging to go here to see the incredible Churches they've dug down into the Earth, and I'm working out arrangements to spend my final weekend in the capital - the availability of some readily-available Western food might be a blessing after the traditionally spicy dishes I'll be enjoying in the North!

But the principal feeling is one of excitement, I can't wait to get on that (slightly too small and rickety) plane and get out there. Am I nervous? Yes. But somehow it seems certain to be a life-changing experience. And who knows, maybe I'll be watching England in the World Cup Final in a café somewhere in Gondar come the 11th of July...

P.S. Check out Link Ethiopia's website, if you have time

No comments:

Post a Comment